Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ch 1 Test - Retake

We have informed students of the procedures for completing the Ch. 1 Test retake.

- The retake will be completed as a take home test.  The retake is due to me at the start of the student's Geometry class on Wed, Oct. 16.

- The student's grade on the retake will be reduced by 5% for each day the test is late.

- As this is a take home test, students are allowed to use their notes, their textbook, and their school provided computers.  THEY MAY NOT RECEIVE ASSISTANCE FROM ANY HUMAN!

- If students have questions, they should contact me via e-mail at masondg@ilstu.edu.

- If a student is interested in retaking the Ch 1 Test but failed to pick up a copy of the retake from me on Friday, they should email me at the above address and I will send them a copy.  Regardless of when the student receives the retake, it is due at the start of class on Wed, Oct. 16.

Note:  Unlike the retake policy employed by the Freshmen Block teachers, I do NOT place a limit on the number of summative assessments that a student may retake.  I will base that decision on the student's effort on the material being assessed.  If the student has attempted all of the associated HW assignments prior to that assessment and has been an active participant in the classroom discussions involving the assessed topics, then I will generally allow them to retake as many assessments as necessary to demonstrate an acceptable understanding of the concepts being assessed.

No comments: